Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
Blendy News
Blendy News
  • Home
  • About us
  • Cart
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Disclaimer
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Shop
  • Home
  • About us
  • Cart
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Disclaimer
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Shop
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
Queen Camilla reveals she was groped on a train as a teenager
Business NewsEntrepreneurshipInvestmentsStartupsStock MarketUncategorized

Queen Camilla reveals she was groped on a train as a teenager

By Blendy Writer
December 31, 2025 2 Min Read
Comments Off on Queen Camilla reveals she was groped on a train as a teenager

The queen praised former racing commentator John Hunt and his daughter Amy for their work fighting domestic violence.

King Charles with Camilla on Christmas Day.

King Charles with Camilla on Christmas Day.Credit: Getty Images

“Wherever your family is now, they’d be so proud of you both,” Camilla said.

“And they must be, from above, smiling down on you and thinking, ‘My goodness me, what a wonderful, wonderful father, husband, sister.’ They’d just be so proud of you both.”

While this is the first time Camilla has spoken publicly about the attack she experienced, it was previously recounted in the book Power and the Palace, published this year by Valentine Low, a former royal correspondent for the Times of London. That account was based on what the queen told former prime minister Boris Johnson when he was mayor of London.

According to Low’s book, Camilla was on a train to London’s Paddington Station when the man sitting next to her reached out and attempted to touch her.

She fought him off by removing her shoe and bashing him in the groin. When she got to Paddington she found a man in uniform and told him what had happened, and the man was arrested.

UK special envoy for women and girls Baroness Harriet Harman said it was “so important” that the Queen had spoken publicly about her experience.

“It used to be the case when a woman was killed by a husband or partner the consensus was that she must have brought it on herself and the women’s movement pushed back against that argument,” Harman told BBC Radio.

“We now see a new form of that argument emerging amongst the likes of Andrew Tate and on social media, a new sort of toxic masculinity that basically says men are struggling with their identity and the fault is women, because women’s advance has undermined men’s sense of themselves and sometimes this causes them resorting to violence.”

Harman also described her own experiences.

“It has happened to me at work, it happened to me at university, it happened to me as a young girl travelling around London and as a young girl going to the cinema,” she said.

“For so long there has been a sense nothing can be done, no action will be taken, I’ll be blamed, I’ll be told I brought it on myself.”

AP

Get a note directly from our foreign correspondents on what’s making headlines around the world. Sign up for our weekly What in the World newsletter.

Author

Blendy Writer

Follow Me
Other Articles
US-Sondergesandter spricht mit Kiew und EU-Vertretern
Previous

US-Sondergesandter spricht mit Kiew und EU-Vertretern

Tragedia in provincia di Brescia, muore a 3 anni intossicato dal monossido
Next

Tragedia in provincia di Brescia, muore a 3 anni intossicato dal monossido

Copyright 2026 — Blendy News. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme