Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
Blendy News
Blendy News
  • Home
  • About us
  • Cart
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Disclaimer
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Shop
  • Home
  • About us
  • Cart
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Disclaimer
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Shop
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
Business NewsEntrepreneurshipInvestmentsStartupsStock MarketUncategorized

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set to become ‘private royals-plus’ during tenure in UK, may only stay a year: report

By Blendy Writer
August 23, 2026 3 Min Read
Comments Off on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set to become ‘private royals-plus’ during tenure in UK, may only stay a year: report

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly hoping to have the best of both worlds as “private royals-plus” when they move back to the UK.

A source told the Sunday Times in an article published Sunday that the best scenario for the couple is to be “private royals-plus” — meaning they can remain a private couple but also make public appearances with other working royals.

However, the source said it’s an uphill battle given the strained relations between Harry and his older brother, Prince William, as well as with William’s wife, Kate Middleton.

“It needs all sides to agree a template for ‘private royals plus.’ It needs them to be much more ‘private’ than ‘working,’ and be seen at family occasions, like Christmas at Sandringham,” the source said. “That requires William and Catherine to say ‘yes please’ and how on earth does that happen? Just saying it out loud sounds implausible.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hope to be “private royals-plus,” a source told the Sunday Times in an article published Sunday. / SplashNews.com
The couple (pictured above earlier this month) want to remain a private couple but be able to make public appearances with the royal family. / SplashNews.com

The royal source also noted that Harry and Markle’s business deals will also be much more scrutinized.

“They’ll also be watched like hawks for anything that looks like they’re trying to monetize their brand,” the source shared. “The feeling has always been they can do that in [their home in] Montecito, but not here.”

“If they come over and do the Montecito playbook — doing deals and making money — in the Cotswolds … that’s not going to go down well,” they continued.

Two sources told the outlet that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s move back to the UK isn’t expected to be permanent.

But the set-up has challenges given that Harry and his older brother, Prince William, have been estranged for years. The brothers, as well as their wives — Markle and Kate Middleton — are pictured here in September 2022. Getty Images
The source said he can’t see William and Middleton agreeing easily to that arrangement. The royal family is pictured here in June. SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

Want more celebrity and pop culture news?

Start your day with Page Six Daily.

Thanks for signing up!

“It’ll be an extended period of time — it could be six months, it could be a year, it could be more — I don’t think even they know yet,” one source said, adding, “they might suddenly go: ‘Why don’t we try Canada for a while? Why don’t we try Australia?’”

“It’s one of the great things about being private individuals.”

Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made the shocking decision to move back to the UK to be closer to his dad, King Charles, and to ensure their children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — build relationships with family, sources told Page Six.

Sussex sources made it clear the family plans to stay in the UK for an extended period, not permanently.

Markle and Harry (pictured above earlier this month) made the bombshell decision to move back to the UK after stepping back as working members of the royal family back in 2020. / SplashNews.com
A royal insider told Page Six that wanting to be close to Harry’s dad, King Charles, is the reason for the return. The trio is seen here in June 2018. UK Press via Getty Images

“I know that Charles is a big reason for their return,” the royal insider said.

Royal reporter Tom Sykes told Page Six that the move “is a huge slap in the face” for William, 44, and will “create serious risks for the monarchy.”

Sykes said that, given the longstanding feud between the brothers, the move will create a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.

“What is gonna happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is gonna happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” Sykes asked.

Author

Blendy Writer

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Peta Murgatroyd, Maksim Chmerkovskiy Give Update After Florida Move

Next

Shelley Fabares, star of ‘Coach’ and ‘The Donna Reed Show,’ dead at 82

Copyright 2026 — Blendy News. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme